Advising for Undergraduate Students
Doral College is committed to the academic success and personal development of each of its students, and offers a variety of services designed to meet the needs of its unique population. The following resources are intended to assist Undergraduate Students in degree planning.
Student Services personnel are available to serve students regardless of location. General inquiries should be emailed to the Student Affairs helpdesk. The help desk system works by generating a “ticket” each time an email is received. That ticket is then tracked to resolution to ensure the student’s issue is solved.
Doral College provides academic advising toward the completion of both its Associate in Arts degree and its newly established Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with endorsements in ESOL and Reading degree (BSED).
Guest Students and Associate in Arts students may schedule a phone session for advising or degree planning here.
In addition, the following documents have been provided to help plan the Associate in Arts degree:
- This Associate in Arts Degree Program Reference Sheet will help you familiarize yourself with the requirements of the College’s Associate in Arts degree.
- For students completing the AA with the intention of continuing to the BSED, this Associate in Arts Degree Program Reference Sheet (BSED), guides progress through the AA with a focus on the prerequisites and skills necessary to continue to that program.
- If you are planning to transfer in credit from Advanced Placement and CLEP exams, see our AA Planning Sheet with AP, AICE & CLEP Equivalents, and visit our Credit by Exam page.
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education with endorsements in ESOL and Reading degree (BSED) students should contact the Dean of the program, Lourdes Isla, for advising or degree planning. In addition, the following resources are provided in reference to the program and its preset track:
- This BSED Milestone Track Sheet outlines the program sequence students are expected to follow. (link to the milestone sheet, attached here).
- Visit the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) website to register for FTCE exams.